Andrea Jean Farrington Obituary, Murder Lawsuit Settled, A Playolist Employee Of Iowa Children’s Museum In Iowa City Has Died

Andrea Jean Farrington Obituary, Death Cause – Andrea Farrington, who was 21 years old and had lived in Montezuma before moving to Cedar Rapids, passed away in Coralville, Iowa, on the evening of Friday, June 12, 2015. Services for the dead will begin at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, June 17, 2015, at the Community Hope Church in Montezuma, California. After the service is over, her body will be burned in a crematory, as she planned. Friends and family will be able to visit at the Community Hope Church on Tuesday, June 16, 2015, starting at noon. The family will be happy to see family and friends from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. In honor of Andrea, memorial donations can be made. The details of how to do this will be worked out later.

Andrea Farrington was born in Phoenix, Arizona, on June 23, 1994. It was David and Cheryl Farrington who raised her. She graduated with the class of 2012 from Montezuma High School. Andrea went to Hawkeye Community College, Iowa Valley Community College, and Kirkwood Community College right after high school graduation to finish her schooling. She finally got the job of her dreams at the Iowa Children’s Museum in Iowa City, where she worked as a playologist and a guest welcome expert. Andrea was always deeply dedicated to her job and loved working with kids. Everyone she met talked to her, and her big smile and contagious laugh made them all feel like friends. In 2014, Andrea had surgery to correct her double mouth. It changed her life, and she was very happy with the results. She really cared about both the Chicago Bears and the Iowa Hawkeyes. Besides cheering, some of her favorite things to do were play loud music, eat cereal, use Snapchat, and most of all, go on car rides with her best friend Cassie.

Jim Farrington, her grandfather on her dad’s side, and Tony Farrington and Shawna Hicks, two of her cousins, also died before she did. Dave Farrington and Cheryl Farrington of Montezuma, Andrea’s sister Cassandra Farrington of Grinnell, her paternal grandmother Norma Jean Farrington of Montezuma, her maternal grandparents Leigh and Barb Wilcox of West Des Moines, her best friend Connor Sirovy, and her uncles and aunts Chad (Tara) Wilcox, Nancy (Walter) Hagist, Alan Farrington, Rebecca (Skip) Fatzinger, Pam (Mike) Bennelli, Scott Farrington, and James Farringt will all miss her. The court made papers public that show the lawsuit against the Coral Ridge Mall and a security company by the parents of Andrea Farrington, who died, has been settled.

Alex Kozak, a security guard at the Coralville mall, killed Farrington on June 12, 2015. Farrington was 20 years old at the time of his death. After the event, the report was made. Documents filed with the court show that the claim was thrown out earlier this month “with prejudice,” which means that it cannot be filed again. The records don’t say anything specific about the deal. By late Wednesday night, it was not possible to reach the lawyer for Andrea’s parents, Cheryl and David Farrington. In the January lawsuit against Kozak, the Coral Ridge Mall and its management company, General Growth Properties, and Universal Protection Service, it is said that Farrington complained to Universal Protection Service about how Kozak was physically and verbally harassing her. In the lawsuit, it was said that the company told Kozak to stay away from Farrington and moved him to a different patrol area of the mall. However, Kozak did not follow these directions and kept calling and bothering Farrington.

Evidence given in April during Farrington’s trial for the murder of Kozak shows that she complained and told a coworker about what was happening. She told the coworker that she feared Kozak. They had mostly talked to each other through text conversations before Farrington ended their relationship on June 12, 2015. She was working at the information desk of the Iowa Children’s Museum in the mall that day when Kozak shot her three times in the back. He then ran away from the scene of the crime, but was caught later while driving on Interstate 80. In the lawsuit, damages were asked for, such as funds to cover Farrington’s future wages, funeral costs, the estate’s loss of income, her pain and suffering, and hospital bills. Kozak, who is 23 years old and lives in North Liberty, was found guilty of first-degree murder by the jury and is now going to jail for life.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *